Sunday, January 8, 2012

Two movies comparison

I am not exactly sure if this is due tomorrow or if it should be due here, but I figured I'll just do it on my blog post.
I must state first that it takes a prudent mind to see the differences between the two films because they were practically based off the same movie. Am I a prudent mind, you may ask. Well I can tell you first hand that I am not. So please excuse me if I forgot to include some details or misinterpreted some information.
One of the most obvious difference between the two films is that the Disney version was obviously more exaggerated while the film with Patrick Stewert was more real. Disney portrayed Scrooge as an obviously stingy person. In fact, to me, it seemed as if Scrooge was proud of his stinginess and wanted to spread it to the world of that. The patrick Stewert film portrayed Scrooge as a money pincher, but not as fake and animated as the cartoon Scrooge in Disney. Scrooge in the Stewert film still respected certain manners. Another obvious difference is with Bob cashier. In the cartoon he was portrayed as small and tiny while in the movie he was portrayed as tall but weak and feared Scrooge very much. Aside from all this detail that I prefer to not go into, I think another big difference is how Disney added more adventure for Scrooge when the three phantoms visited him than the movie. I think another difference is the setting. The disney film was a bit brighter than the real film, which depicts the industrial revolution in London.
An obvious similarity will of course be the near identical plot line and story theme. Another similarity is the warm-heartness one receives after finishing the movie. It makes one feel philanthropic and suddenly thankful to all the things he or she possesses. At least, that how I felt.
In my opinion, the versions of the movie really doesn't matter to me. What matters most, is the christmas spirit presented in them that modern people seemed to lack. I think we should learn from the movies and become better persons. THat is what the movie and the story is all about. That is what a christmas carol is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment