Sunday, November 13, 2011

The grass is always greener on the other side

No, I have not envied someone else's life before. I know that made me an oddball, cause everyone present a quality that the majority doesn't have. Anyone can see that. I suppose I could have too, if I was looking. Ever since a child I was extremely imaginative( though I was careful to disguise that well), I live on a line between reality and imaginative wonderlands. Whenever life doesn't go well for me, I dream of another character who possesses everything I lack. If I were disliked by my classmates, I dreamt of a popular cheerleader who roamed the school, if I were chastised, I dreamt of a girl whose life was perfectly fine. Due to this, I have a tendency to look " in" than " out". Even when I do look out, I don't tendency envy people on their qualities. Probably cause I don't really think about this aspect this much. The closet I ever got to envying someone was my respect for a girl when I was in first grade. She was pretty, smart, and popular and I wanted to be like her. So I created a story and imagined myself as her, pretty ridiculous huh?That lasted for like one day before I forgot about it. As hard as life can be sometimes, I am happy to be myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment